Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Oneonta! Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment.
- Set up your Oneonta user account at www.oneonta.edu/useraccount using the Oneonta Username and Student ID found on your acceptance letter.
- Register at myOneonta to access important information and complete essential enrollment steps.
- Pay your deposit in myOneonta
Fall Semester: Due May 1
After you are accepted, you have until the deadline stated on your acceptance letter to pay your deposit. You can pay your tuition and housing deposits in myOneonta once you set up your Oneonta user account and register at myOneonta (steps 1 and 2)
- Pay your SEVIS fee & apply for a visa
To apply for a U.S. visa, you will need the following documents:
- Valid passport (for at least six months)
- Original letter of acceptance/admission issued by SUNY Oneonta
- Original SEVIS I-20 form issued by SUNY Oneonta
- SEVIS fee receipt print out. If you have more questions about the SEVIS I-901 fee, please visit the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement website.
- Copies of all of your high/secondary school or college transcripts
- Copies of the TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP score
- Proof of ties to your home country
- For students who are currently studying in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, please complete the I-20 Transfer-In Form (PDF).
- Complete your Housing Application in myOneonta. You can view housing information here.
- Complete and submit your Immunization Form & Health History
Fall Semester: Due June 30
- Complete the ONE Course in myOneonta
Fall Semester: Available on June 19, Due on July 10
- Pay/Clear your bill by August 3
- PeerTransfer for wiring foreign funds: PeerTransfer is a secure online payment method. It includes the use of a credit card or direct bank transfer/wire and guarantees the lowest exchange rate. PeerTransfer allows students to wire foreign funds with a fixed currency exchange rate. You need to create a username and password which you may use again in the future. PeerTransfer also offers multiple language options and online personal chat if help or assistance is needed.
- Online Web Payments
- Make travel arrangements All new students must notify the Office of International Education about their arrival time and date by completing the New Student Arrival Form (PDF) by July 31. We pick up students who arrive at Albany New York International Airport, Albany/Rensselar Amtrak Railroad Station and Oneonta Bus Station for free. Air Travel Information
- Attend Orientation (mandatory) International Student Orientation:
Orientations include logistics, course registration, faculty advisement, and campus activities.
FALL 2017 Orientation:
August 17: Airport Pick-up
August 18-20: Pre-Orientation - Logistics & Acclimation
August 21-22: Mandatory International New Student Orientation
August 23: International New Student Acclimation Activities
August 24-26: Mandatory All-Campus Orientation
August 28: Fall Classes Begin
College Calender and Key Dates and Deadlines
Campus Map and directions to the campus