This minor is only available to students who matriculated prior to Fall 2018.
This minor is designed for students seeking an understanding of and involvement in Mass Media, with special interest on the electronic media. Students planning to complete the requirements for this minor must make all arrangements with the Department of Communication and Media, B-12 IRC, 607.436.3411.
(Pre-Fall 2018 courses in parentheses)
Core Courses 12 s.h.
- MCOM 105 Intro to Mass Media Law & Regulation
- MCOM 151 Understanding Mass Communication
- MCOM 152 Media Writing (MCOM 252 Writing for Radio–TV–Film)
- MCOM 281 Art of the Motion Picture
Selections 6 s.h.
Select any two (2)additional upper-division Mass Communication electives.
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor