A special talent review request is an opportunity to showcase your talents and for them to be actively considered as a supplement to the evaluation of your application. This program is designed for students who intend to major in Music or Music Industry if admitted to SUNY Oneonta.
All requested materials must be received by January 25, 2019.
If your audition is not scheduled or required materials are not received by the deadline, your application will not be reviewed through the special talent program.
- Apply for admission through the undergraduate admissions office
- Complete the audition request form
Submit the following
- a personal statement detailing why you are interested in studying Music or Music Industry at SUNY Oneonta
- A current resume or summary of music training and/or experience.
- Two letters of recommendation: One must be a teacher that is familiar with your music work and can comment on your talent, experience, abilities, work ethic, etc… The second can be from anyone that knows you well and can evaluate your ability and potential for college level work.
Once you submit the audition request form, you will be contacted by the Music Department to schedule your audition.
Personal statement, Current resume and two letters of recommendation:
Office of Admission
108 Ravine Parkway Oneonta, NY 13820
Attention: Special talent admission