In recognition of the college’s 125th anniversary, the SUNY Oneonta Alumni Association has established an Alumni of Distinction program honoring alumni who have distinguished themselves through their careers, through their service to their communities and through their commitment to the college.
Honorees are recognized each September during a special reception on Red Day, which celebrates the anniversary of the college's founding. Selected from nominations by faculty, staff and alumni, the honorees represent a sampling of the thousands of alumni who contribute in countless ways to the college, to their communities and to their professions.
To view the full list of Alumni of Distinction, or to make a nomination, visit: www.oneontaalumni.com/alumniofdistinction
Nomination criteria include:
- completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree at SUNY Oneonta;
- professional contributions in his or her field and/or community, bringing distinction to him or herself and the college;
- demonstrated leadership, character and service;
- significant impact in his or her area of expertise;
- recognition by peers and community;
- demonstrated leadership in philanthropic endeavors;
- significant contributions to community through volunteerism or philanthropic giving and;
- serving as an exemplary role model for others.
Nominations should be no more than 750 words and should include a description of the leadership qualities, honors, accomplishments and other supporting information that qualify the nominee for the award. Also include the nominee’s full name, class year, address, phone number and e-mail address. Send nominations to email@example.com with “Alumni of Distinction” in the subject line.