Three CSRC Scholarships
- The Albert S. and Alice House Nader Scholarships have been established in memory of Alice House Nader and to honor Albert "Sam" Nader for his dedication and service to the Oneonta community. These scholarships, endowed through gifts made by family and friends of Mr. and Mrs. Nader, can be awarded to an incoming freshman or a current student, and are renewable annually. Two scholarships will be awarded to qualifying students who complete an application available through CSRC. Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- must be residents of Otsego, Chenango or Delaware County.
- must have demonstrated leadership in service to the community or indicate a strong desire to become involved in service.
- Through the generosity of family and friends of Carol Henning Donovan, the Carol Henning Donovan Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the former community member and avid volunteer, and to provide assistance to an incoming freshman at SUNY Oneonta. The scholarship will be awarded to recognize the contributions of a SUNY Oneonta freshman who meets the criteria listed below:
- is enrolled full-time
- has a high school G.P.A. of 3.0 or above
- has been active in volunteer activities in their home community
- THE SEVA AWARD (Compassionate Service) is a scholarship established by Dr. Ashok Malhotra. Dr. Malhotra is a professor in the Philosophy Department. One student will be awarded a minimum amount of $1,300.00. Award criteria are listed below:
- First preference will be given junior or seniors who are Philosophy majors or minors who demonstrate a record of community service and continue to be involved in community service and volunteerism.
- Students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- If there are no Philosophy majors or minors who meet these criteria, then the scholarship may be awarded to students majoring in any of the academic programs offered by SUNY Oneonta.
The maximum number of years a student may receive this scholarship award is two years. This scholarship can be renewed annually, contingent upon meeting the award criteria.