Summer Alternate Work Schedule (SAWS) Program
The SAWS allows employees to select the time they start and end their workday, within established work schedules. Beginning May 20, 2021 and continuing through August 4, 2021, employees must work their normal 7.5 or 8-hour shifts but may start their day at an earlier or later time.
The options available, with supervisory approval, are:
- For all professional employees, librarians with a 12-month calendar year appointment, and all CSEA administrative employees, except those in the MOC unit:
- Start time: Between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Lunch period: 30 or 60 minutes
- For all CSEA operational employees and CSEA administrative employees in the MOC unit:
- Start time: 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.
- Lunch period: 30 minutes
Guidelines and rules
- SAWS 2021 will be in place from Thursday, May 20 through Wednesday, August 4
- Operational needs must be met as determined by the supervisor; the respective divisional vice president or cabinet member will have final approval authority;
- Employees are required to work their normally assigned 7.5-or 8- hour shift
- There will be no change to salary and/or benefits.
- Leave credits will accrue at their usual rate.
- Employees’ selected SAWS schedules are fixed for the duration of the SAWS period except as follows:
- Employees may choose to return to the core summer hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with 30- minute lunch break) or the academic year business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with 60- minute lunch break) upon providing two weeks’ notice. The notice requirement may be waived at the discretion of the supervisor.
- The employee indicates a shorter time frame on the SAWS application form
- The college reserves the right to return an employee to the summer or academic year business hours upon providing a two-week notice, except as noted below;
- Employees are required to take meal breaks; meal breaks or rest periods cannot be used to shorten the workday;
- The college reserves the right to end or suspend this program at any time, without notice, if it does not meet the operational needs of the college.
EMPLOYEE: complete SAWS application on next page and submit it to your direct supervisor. The deadline date to submit an application is Tuesday, May 18, 2021. This can be done on paper or via email.
SUPERVISOR/S: make a recommendation to approve or deny along with supporting comments. Forward application through appropriate supervisory channels to respective divisional Cabinet member;
CABINET MEMBER: make final determination and submit completed application to the Office of Human Resources (on paper or via email); email to email@example.com
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES: process application; provide notice to employee and supervisor.
Human Resources and Benefit Forms
- ADA – Request for Reasonable Accommodation – for information about using this form, contact Gail Feuer, HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 607-436-2509
- Change of Personal Information Form change your name, address, phone number
- Health Insurance Transaction Form to enroll or decline coverage, change between individual and family coverage, add or delete dependents, cancel coverage, change plans, change pre-tax or post-tax deduction
- Health Insurance Opt-Out Form to be paid an incentive if you have health insurance through a parent or another employer (for eligible bargaining units only)
- Health Insurance Transaction Form - Graduate Students to enroll or decline coverage, change between individual and family coverage, add or delete dependents, cancel coverage, change plans, change pre-tax or post-tax deduction
- Leave Donation Form donate vacation days to employees who are absent and eligible to accept donations
- Preferred First Name Request Form
- UUP Reclassification
- Volunteer Service Form
- Workers' Compensation - Employee Report of Injury/Illness
- Workers' Compensation - Required Claimant Packet
All forms must be filled in, and mailed or submitted in person to the Payroll Department. The Payroll mailing address 214 Netzer Administration Building, SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY 13820.
Please review the Student Payroll Manual for updates regarding student timesheets.
Electronic Timesheet log-in: www.suny.edu/time
Please note: your first time signing in the system may ask security questions inclusive of birth date and SUNY ID #. Your SUNY ID is not your A#. Please contact Payroll at ext. 2504 for your SUNY ID