NYSHIP Online - Link to all health plans and rates, Empire Plan provider directory, employee self-service options and much more! Deadline to submit changes permitted during Annual Option Transfer period is December 31, 2021.
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Notice - Request a copy from our HR office, 208 Netzer Admin Bldg, 607-436-2509, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifying Events May Impact Health Insurance
Contact Human Resources at x2509 for more information about the following or any other health insurance issues.
To change your coverage and/or add/delete dependents in a timely manner, you must contact Human Resources no later than one (1) week following a "qualifying event." Late notification may result in a lengthy waiting period. Examples of "qualifying events" include:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation, termination of domestic partnership
- Birth of a baby
- Change in spouse's employment status/eligibility for health insurance
- Dependent reaches age 26 or enters military
- You must provide proof of dependent's disabled status every two (2) years.
- Children who reside permanently with you who are not your natural children, legally adopted children (including those waiting finalization of adoption) or your dependent stepchildren may be eligible for coverage if you can provide certain documentation.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage - this is required to be made available by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). The summary can be obtained by calling (877) 769-7447 to request a copy, or by visiting the Employee Benefits Division website to print a copy.