This minor is open only to students who are enrolled in the Music Industry Major. This minor will provide a more in-depth understanding of acoustics and sound design, as well as a modern theoretical approach to technology in the industry. This minor (AAP) will involve 24 hours of credit work. Six hours of overlap are allowed between the major and the minor. For further information contact the Music Department, 115 Fine Arts, (607) 436-3415.
Required Courses 18 s.h.
- MUSC 192 Audio Arts Production I
- MUSC 292 Audio Arts Production II
- MUSC 392 Audio Arts Production III
- MUSC 393 Audio Arts Production IV
- MUSC 227 Studio Assistant
- MUSC 327 Studio Assistant II
Selections 3 s.h.
Select one of the following:
- PHYS 100 Introductory Physics
- PHYS 103 General Physics I
- PHYS 113 Physics of Sound
Elective 3 s.h.
One 3 s.h. course chosen by advisement
Total: 24 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor