Curriculum Minor COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT-CMEV Arrangements for completing the requirements for this minor should be made with the Sociology Department Chairperson, 10 Schumacher, 607.436.3512.
*revised Sociology Department course codes effective Fall 2016. Previous course codes in parentheses.
Required Courses 12 s.h.
SOC 101 (SOCL 100) Intro to Sociology
SOC 209 (SOCL 209) Social Research Methods
SOC 350 (SOCL 240) Urban Sociology
SOC 352 (SOCL 242) Rural Sociology
Selections 9 s.h.
Choose three (3) courses from the list below. At least one (1) must be a SOC course.
SOC 250 (SOCL 241) The Community
SOC 252 (SOCL 243) Age of Globalization
SOC 254 (SOCL 244) Environmental Sociology
SOC 256 (SOCL 248) Global Migration
SOC 357 (SOCL 344) Demography
POLS 235 Environmental Politics and Policy
PHIL 230 Environmental Ethics
GEOG 233 Urban Geography
GEOG 236 Environmental Planning
TOTAL 21 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor March 16