The Linguistics Minor is designed for those who wish to supplement their major academic work in another discipline with work in English. The specific courses satisfying the requirements of the minor are to be selected under the advisement of and approved in advance by, the English Department Chair. For more information, please contact the English Department, 322 Netzer, 607.436.3446.
Required Course 15 s.h.
- MCOM 105 Intro to Mass Media Law & Regulation
- MCOM 151 Understanding Mass Communication
- MCOM 252 Writing for Radio – TV – Film
- MCOM 281 Art of the Motion Picture
Selections 6 s.h.
Select two of the following: Select any two (2) upper-division Mass Communication electives (in addition to MCOM 252 and MCOM 281)
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor