APAC's charge is to oversee and facilitate academic program assessment planning and to assist academic departments and programs in undertaking programmatic assessment and reporting. People responsible for establishing this committee are the Associate Provost for Institutional Assessment & Effectiveness, Provost, and College Senate.
- To be a resource to faculty and academic programs working to implement their assessment program and report assessment results by:
- Providing content for and co-sponsoring a program assessment website;
- Meeting with department chairs and faculty;
- Facilitating for faculty professional development activities related to outcomes assessment
- To advise the Provost and Deans regarding academic program assessment on campus.
After appropriate consultation with the Provost and the College Senate Steering Committee, the Presiding Officer of the Faculty will nominate and forward three Faculty members from each of the academic divisions and one from the library to the College Senate for approval. Additionally, two members may be appointed by the Provost. Length of Committee Service: Members of the Committee shall have a term of three years with a two-term maximum; after an intervening term, one may seek additional term(s). Terms shall be staggered to allow for appointments on a rotating basis.
Term Expires June 2019
- Brenda Seery, (Education & Human Ecology - Human Ecology, Senate)
- Joshua Palmatier, (Natural & Mathematical Sciences - Mathematics, Computer Science & Statistics, Senate) Chair
Term Expires June 2020
- Jing Yang, (Economics & Business - Management, Marketing & Infor. Systems, Senate) (Sabbatical: Spring 2018)
- Daniel Nahson (Arts & Humanities - Foreign Languages & Literatures, Provost)
Term Expires June 2021
- Amie Doughty (Arts & Humanities - English, Senate)
- Les Hasbargen (Natural and Mathematical Sciences - Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Provost)
James Mackin, Provost, ex officio