Please Note: Effective Summer 2021, the management of domestic faculty-led programs has transitioned from the Office of Continuing Education to the Office of Global Education.
SUNY Oneonta offers a variety of short-term, domestic faculty-led programs throughout the year that vary by location, department, and cost. These are courses taught by SUNY Oneonta faculty for credit that include an overnight travel component in the United States. Faculty-led programs may take place during a semester or during breaks. These programs are a professional development opportunity for faculty and give students an experiential learning opportunity in a new setting.
In accordance with the college-sponsored student travel policy, all FLPs must be approved by the faculty member's Department Chair and Dean, and the program must be administered through the Office of Global Education. The following list will guide you through the process. Please see Credit-Bearing Domestic Faculty-Led Program Procedures for further details.
- Complete and submit the domestic faculty-led program request packet. Questions regarding the request and the documentation requested may be directed to the Director of Global Education, 436-2461. The Request Packet must include:
- Domestic FLP Request Form
- Course Description for existing course, or New Course Proposal Form for a new or Special Topics
- Course must address the nine questions contained in the New Course Proposal Instructions
- Course Syllabus: showing how the travel piece fits into the student learning outcomes of the course
- Travel Itinerary: this should include where, when, lodging, and travel to and from site
- Line-Item Budget (if applicable)
Domestic Faculty-Led Program Timeline Prospective Departure Term Domestic FLP Request Form & Packet Submission Deadline Fall January 15 Winter September 15 Spring September 15 Summer November 1
- Once approved, marketing for the course may begin and the course may be added to the schedule of classes.
- Student travel forms must be submitted through the OGE Global Portal for every student participating in the FLP no later than one month prior to departure.
- If the travel is mandatory to the completion of the course, then the course MUST be made instructor permission only in the schedule of classes, and the student must be cleared to register by the Office of Global Education through the OGE Global Portal before being allowed to register. For this situation, students should submit an add/drop form signed by the faculty coordinator to the Office of Global Education no less than one month prior to departure.
- . Faculty must submit a finalized program participant roster with student contact information (phone number and email) and emergency contact information to the OGE.
- If program fee: no later than one month before first program payment deadline
- If no program fee: no later than 2 months before departure
- Faculty must submit an emergency plan to the Office of Global Education no less than two weeks prior to the start of the trip. The emergency plan should be disseminated to all travel participants. See emergency plan template under "Forms."
- Faculty must submit travel information to the college sponsored student travel registry prior to departure.
- Faculty leader(s) must meet with the Director of Global Education prior to program departure to review emergency protocol procedures, and receive student information packet to take with them.
- Upon return, complete the Clery Form in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20USC§1092) and/or the Incident Report Form if applicable.