A special talent review request is an opportunity to showcase your talents and for them to be actively considered as a supplement to the evaluation of your application. This program is designed for students who intend to major in Digital & Studio Art if admitted to SUNY Oneonta.
All requested materials must be received by January 25, 2019.
If your portfolio and required materials are not received by the deadline, your application will not be reviewed through the special talent program.
- A statement detailing your area(s) of interest in art, and your commitment to enroll in the Digital & Studio Art program. Please include a summary of your artistic training and/or experiences.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your artistic talents and abilities. This recommendation is in addition to any submitted with your application and is specific to the special talent review.
- Electronic files of 12-15 images of your artwork and a list indicating size, medium and other relevant information of the submitted art. We are looking for either a variety of samples in different media or a coherent body of work in one medium. Samples may include sculpture, drawings, paintings, graphic design, digital art, photography, ceramics, animation, web design, and printmaking.
We will give consideration to the following when reviewing your materials:
- Creativity and evidence of artistic potential
- Curiosity and ambition
- Craftsmanship and skill
- Presentation and cleanliness
All submissions must be clearly identified with your name and SUNY Oneonta A number and should be submitted as one package/submission. All submissions must meet the specific requirements indicated. If you previously submitted samples of your work please resubmit your portfolio as outlined above.
You must submit your art portfolio by the deadlines listed above.
Slide room: https://sunyoneonta.slideroom.com/
Office of Admission
Oneonta, NY 13820
Attention: Special talent admission
Questions related to our Special Talent review process should be directed to your Admissions Counselor or email email@example.com