The Chancellor’s Award Committee (‘local’ committee) seeks nominations for the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence from faculty and professional staff members. Because the local committee may submit a limited number of student nominees to the SUNY Selection Committee, each nominator may nominate only one student for the local committee to consider.
The Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence recognizes outstanding students who have integrated academic excellence with other aspects of their lives and have demonstrated achievement in at least three of the following areas: Academic Excellence, Leadership, Campus Involvement, Community Service, or the Arts.
- Nominees will have graduated or will graduate between June 2021 and May 2022;
- Nominees must have demonstrated achievement as described above; and
- Nominees must agree to a grade and judicial review to assure good standing.
- Pre-screening: potential student nominees must agree to a grade/judicial review by DOWNLOADING and signing the release form and submitting the signed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or by hard copy to 301 Netzer Administration Building) by December 7, 2021. (Nominators should inform their potential nominee of this requirement.)
- Nomination submission by faculty/profession staff: DOWNLOAD and complete the nomination form and submit the completed form (and required student nominee resume) to email@example.com by noon on January 14, 2022.
Nomination Guidelines/Submission Form
Contact the Office of the President at 607-436-2748 with questions.