Financial Literacy at SUNY Oneonta
SUNY Oneonta’s Making Cents Financial Literacy and Wellness program is designed to help students develop a strong understanding of personal financial management concepts to empower students to make informed financial decisions and manage financial resources for a lifetime of financial well-being.
Through a variety of engaging programming, services and events, students are able to enhance their knowledge and confidence in many areas of personal finance. Programs and services include:
- Personal Financial Coaching
- Online Financial Wellness Learning Modules
- Monthly presentations and workshops
- Events Focused on Financial Wellness
- Student Loan Repayment Analysis
- Virtual Resource Library
Interested in learning more about Financial Literacy? Take a mini course!
SUNY Oneonta now offers a mini course INTD-109 Financial Literacy for Life Decisions 1 s.h.
- The course will provide students with an introduction to the various concepts associated with managing personal finances necessary for financial decision making in everyday life. The course will offer practical knowledge in such areas as money management, budgeting, financial goal attainment, consumer credit, debt management, time value of money, and the basics of savings and investments. P/F only. Offered fall and spring.