The minor in Anthropology is open to all undergraduates, and it provides for a selection of courses in cultural and physical anthropology, archaeology, and pre-history. Although there is no rigid sequence which must be followed, students should plan their course selections carefully so that they meet all prerequisite requirements. For further information, contact the chairperson of the Anthropology Department, Physical Science 131, 607.436.3345.
Required Courses: 6 s.h.
Select two of the following:
ANTH 100 Intro to Cultural Anthropology
ANTH 120 Intro to Linguistic Anthropology
ANTH 130 Intro to Biological Anthropology
ANTH 140 Principles of Archaeology
Additional Selections 12 s.h
Select four Upper Division (200 – 300 level) Anthropology courses
Total 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor