The minor in Chemistry (CHEM) consists of a year of General Chemistry plus student selection from a variety of upper division courses. The minor is open to all undergraduates except Chemistry majors, and of particular value to students majoring in fields related to chemistry, such as biology, the earth sciences, physics, and the pre-professional programs in the health sciences and engineering. Students planning to complete requirements for a Chemistry minor must make all arrangements with the Chairperson of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 249 Physical Science, 607.436.3193.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor