This minor has been designed to meet the needs of students who are serious about the study of music, and who wish to pursue an organized pattern of study without having to commit themselves to the larger number of credits required in the liberal arts music major. Interested students should contact the Chairperson of the Music Department, 115 Fine Arts, 607.436.3415.
1. Music Industry majors completing this minor will need to complete 1 s.h. of music beyond those required for the major and minor to make up for the excessive overlap.
2. This minor is not available to Music Majors.
3. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
4. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor
Basic Core Courses 2 s.h.
- MUSC 270 Advanced Applied Music Aural Skills
Selections 14-21 s.h.
- MUSC 170/270 Applied Music (One Semester) (permission of instructor) 2-3 s.h.
- MUSC 270 Advanced Applied Music (Two Semesters) (permission of instructor) 4-6 s.h.
- MUSC 270/280 Music Ensemble (Four Semesters) (permission of instructor) 8-12 s.h.
Percussion Ensemble | Classical Guitar Ensemble | Big Band | Catskill Symphony | Chamber Orchestra | Concert Choir | Concert band | Guitar Ensemble
Jam Band | Jazz Combo | Zappa Band | Brass Ensemble | String Ensemble | Funk Band | Latin Jazz | Guitar Ensemble | Rock Combo | Chamber Singers | Blues Band | Percussion Ensemble | Woodwind Ensemble
Music Ensembles | Jam Band | Jazz Combo | Zappa Band | Funk Band | Latin Jazz | Rock Combo | Percussion Ensemble | Blues Band | Jazz Improvisation
Performance ensembles may be substituted by the department chairperson if required
Select one of the following: 3 s.h.
- MUSC 221 Contemporary Songwriting
- MUSC 270 Composition
- MUSC 351 Counterpoint
- MUSC 230 Advanced Songwriting
- MUSC 350 Orchestration
TOTAL 19-26 s.h.