Did You Know...
Current 1889 Society members account for 52 percent of all charitable gifts and grants to SUNY Oneonta. Their support provides funding for scholarships, global experiences, research, internships, and much more.
Honoring the year in which SUNY Oneonta was founded, the 1889 Society is a circle of loyal and generous donors whose charitable giving demonstrates exceptional commitment to the college.
Today we invite you to join the 1889 Society - on an opportunity to carry on Oneonta's rich tradition of alumni generosity - and help give current students the same opportunities you enjoyed at Oneonta.
Who Can Join?
While the entry point into the 1889 Society is generally a gift of $1,000 or more, recent graduates can earn membership into the 1889 Society at a reduced rate. Membership levels for recent graduates who received their first Oneonta degree within the past 15 years are as follows:
- Graduates from the classes of 2014-2018: $100 or more
- Graduates from the classes of 2009-2013: $250 or more
- Graduates from the classes of 2004-2008: $500 or more
You can make a one-time gift or set up monthly payments to spread your giving out over time.
What Do 1889 Society Donors Receive?
Benefits of membership include:
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Annual Scholarship Dinner
- December Holiday Receptions in Oneonta and New York City
- Reunion Weekend Reception
- Recognition in the Honor Roll of Donors - printed as part of the Annual Report of Philanthropy.
- Special VIP communications from the college.
- Membership in an influential network of alumni, faculty, staff, and friends dedicated to supporting SUNY Oneonta.
- Opportunities to have your loyalty and support featured in publications and online.