ShoreTel was recently acquired by Mitel and they are working through rebranding their products.
Welcome to ShoreTel! We hope you like your new phone. Basic call functions have not changed but there are some new things you should know.
- Your phone is connected with a locking network cable, in compliance with local 911 policies. Do not attempt to disconnect it at the phone or the wall jack as both could be damaged. If you need to move your phone, contact the IT Service Desk at x4567 and we'll unlock and relocate the cable for you.
- The default voicemail password is 1234. You will be prompted to change it the first time you log in.
- The red light on your phone indicates that you have unheard voice messages. You can use the "voicemail" button on your phone and follow the on-screen prompts to log in to your mailbox and play, save and delete messages. If you prefer to dial into your voice mailbox, the number is 2222. To record your greeting, dial voicemail and press 7("mailbox options") and then 1 ("record a personal greeting").
- If all of the orange lights on your phone are lit, it means your phone is in "Out of Office" or "In a Meeting" state and your calls are being forwarded to voicemail. You can return your phone to "Available" state by pressing the "state" button on your display and selecting "Available."
- You can install ShoreTel/Mitel Connect (or contact the IT Service Desk to request installation) on your computer to manage your phone and voicemail. There is more information in the FAQ.
Connect Download - Contact the Service Desk if you need assistance with installation.
Enter the following the first time you launch Connect::
Windows computers in the Oneonta domain:
Server name - shoretelhq1.shoretel.oneonta.edu
Select "Use Windows Credentials"
Non-Windows computers or computers not in the domain:
Don't select "Use Windows Credentials"
Server - shoretelhq1.shoretel.oneonta.edu
Username - Oneonta\username
Password - Oneonta password