Add/drop is limited to the first five (5) class days of each semester. During this time students may use the world wide web to add and drop courses.* Refer to the "Key Dates and Deadlines" for information on half and mini semester courses.
1. First half and first mini courses.**
2. A course prerequisite has not been met.**
3. The course requires department or instructor approval.**
4. The course is reserved for students in a designated major.**
5. The course is closed.**
6. The student has a time conflict.***
**Students with any of these problems must contact the department for authorization to register.
***Students with a time conflict must obtain written permission from the instructor of the course to be missed. The instructor MUST indicate how the instructional time missed will be made up. This memo must be presented to the Registrar for final approval.
ADDING A FULL SEMESTER COURSE AFTER ADD/DROP
Starting with the sixth (6th) class day until the tenth (10th) class day, a student must obtain the instructor's signature to add a full semester course. The student is not registered in the course until the process is completed by the Registrar's Office. A $20 late fee is assessed.
Beginning on the eleventh (11th) class day, students must obtain special permission from the instructor and approval from the academic dean to add a course on an Exception to Add Deadline form. Refer to the "Key Dates and Deadlines" for information on half and mini semester courses.
Note: Any student who is not registered for a course after the last day to add will not receive credit or a grade for that course.
WITHDRAWING FROM A FULL SEMESTER COURSE AFTER ADD/DROP
Starting with the sixth (6th) class day until the deadline to withdraw with a "W", students withdraw from coursework online until the withdrawal date for the individual part of term. A $20 late fee is assessed and a "W" grade is assigned.
All courses that are dropped during this time will remain on the student's transcript with a "W" in the grade column. Withdrawal rules will be applied on the day that the add/drop form is processed with the Registrar's office. No withdrawals will be processed after the deadline to withdraw from a course. Refer to the "Key Dates and Deadlines" for the withdrawal deadlines for all parts of term.
Note: Any student enrolled in courses after the last day to withdraw will be committed to each of his/her courses and will receive academic grades (not "W's").
- Beginning on the sixth (6th) class day, all schedule adjustments processed, regardless of when the instructors' signatures were obtained, will be assessed the $20 late add/drop fee. See "Key Dates and Deadlines" for deadlines pertaining to mini and half semester courses.
- An instructor adding or deleting a student name does not constitute an official add or drop. All schedule adjustments must be processed on the world wide web or through the Registrar's Office. Students are academically responsible for all courses listed on their schedules. Students should check their schedules carefully.
- Students dropping their entire course load may not use the Add/Drop form to do so. Degree seeking students need to process a Voluntary Withdrawal Form with the Student Development Office. Non-degree students need to report withdrawals to the Office of Continuing Education.