The Registrar's Office provides transcripts to all students who have taken coursework at SUNY Oneonta. Transcripts cannot be released if a hold exists on a student record. All financial obligations to the college must be cleared prior to the release of an official transcript.
The Registrar's Office does not fax transcripts. We do not issue unofficial transcripts, for information on unofficial transcripts see below.
How to Request an Official SUNY Oneonta Transcript
- Order online using TranscriptsPlus® - available 24 hours a day
- Overnight Delivery of Transcripts MUST be ordered using this service
- Ordering Electronic Transcripts now available!
- Fax or Mail a Transcript Request
Online ordering offers many benefits:
- Request a copy of your transcript day or night
- Transcripts will be processed within 2 business days from receipt of your authorized request.
- Receive notifications by email or text message as your request is being processed. You also will be notified if there is a problem processing your transcript request.
- Check the status of your transcript order 24 hours a day
- A School Processing fee of only $1.00 is required.
- Standard overnight delivery from FedEx along with tracking of the delivery. Additional fees apply if using this option for delivery.
- PDF delivery is now available. Your transcript can now be sent electronically to your recipient. A School Processing Fee of $2.50 is required. Please Note: If your transcript contains overseas credit, or your transcript order requires an attachment, you are unable to have your transcript sent using PDF delivery.
SUNY Oneonta has appointed Credentials Inc. as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of SUNY Oneonta. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Credentials Inc. has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of SUNY Oneonta and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
Your transcript order will be eligible for “Automatic Authorization” when you place your order with TranscriptsPlus® and it meets the following criteria:
- The name you provide matches the name that appears on your SUNY Oneonta record.
- Your date of birth and SUNY Oneonta Student ID or social security number match the information on your SUNY Oneonta record.
- The name on the credit card you provide for the processing fee must match the name that you provide when you place your order.
- *You do not have an attachment that needs to accompany your transcript.
If your transcript order is not eligible for ‘Automatic Authorization”, you will be prompted to print and sign a Transcript Authorization form.
*If you have an attachment that needs to accompany your transcript, you will be required to print and sign a Transcript Authorization form and you will need to forward this authorization, and your attachments, to SUNY Oneonta Registrar’s Office. This information can be faxed to (607) 436-2164 or mailed to:
Office of the Registrar
Oneonta, NY 13820
If you need to have your transcript expedited, using overnight delivery, you must use TranscriptsPlus®, our online transcript ordering service. Transcripts will be delivered via FedEx the next business day for a fee
- Domestic Federal Express to main 48 states - $20.00
- Alaska & Hawaii - $23.00
- International Federal Express - $43.00
You will be asked to provide credit card information to cover the cost of delivery. Credit cards must clear the pre-authorization process before the transcript will be released. You will be notified if there are difficulties.
OVERNIGHT DELIVERY REQUESTS MUST BE ENTERED THROUGH TRANSCRIPTSPLUS BY 2:00 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Request received after 2:00 pm will be sent the next business day.
Please print the Transcript Request Form or send a written request with the following information:
- Your Oneonta ID Number or Social Security Number.
- Your dates of attendance at SUNY Oneonta.
- All name changes that you may have had.
- The complete mailing address of each transcript recipient.
- Your home address and telephone number.
- Your signature. We will be unable to process your requests without your signature.
Transcripts requested by mail, fax, or in person will be processed on the first and third Monday of every month.
Mail your request to:
Office of the Registrar
Oneonta, NY 13820
Or Fax your request to:
We do not issue unofficial transcripts. If a student is in need of an unofficial copy of their transcript, they may access their unofficial record through the myOneonta student portal or through web services. You must know your SUNY Oneonta username or student ID number and password to access this information.