Housing Policies

The Residence Hall License contains important information on refunds, fees, policies and prohibited items. All students are responsible for reading the license before completing the Residence Application Form. Additional regulations and policies are outlined in our Code of Student Conduct and Campus Policies booklet.

Residence Hall License
Higgins Hall Alcohol Policy

Frequently Asked Questions

Which doors can I use to access my residence hall?
Between 7am-8pm, residents may use any exterior door to access their building.  After 8pm, all exterior doors except the front door are alarmed and will sound after a short period of time.  Residents need to use the front door to gain entrance to their building.  

Are there any non-smoking residence halls?
All 15 of our residence halls are non-smoking facilities.

Where do first-year students live?
All freshmen live in First Year Experience (FYE) Program double-style halls: Golding Hall, Littell Hall, Tobey Hall, Wilber Hall, and Hulbert Hall.  For Fall 2020, Tobey Hall is offline to be used as an Isolation building.

Can I decorate the walls in my residence hall room?
Yes, if you have thumbtacks and adhesives that do not damage wall paint. Please do not use sticky tack as an adhesive or any devices that can put holes in the walls. Wall coverage is limited to 10 percent, and ceiling decoration is not permitted.

What appliances may I bring?
From our residence hall license agreement:

Appliances: Electrical devices such as stereos, TVs, hair dryers, automatic shut-off coffee/tea makers, microwaves (800 watts maximum), automatic shut-off rice cookers, and blenders are permitted, if they are UL approved and portable.  Refrigerators are permitted but must be limited in size to counter-top height (4.8 cubic feet).  The following items are PROHIBITED: Space heaters, 3D Printers, halogen lamps, and other appliances (examples: hotplates, toasters, sunlamps, air conditioners, electric blankets and/or any appliance with an open heating element). 

  1. In addition, items with built in electrical or USB outlets that do not have a grounded plug (three prong) directly in the wall (ex. two pronged cords for desk lamps with USB plugs, bed risers with outlets, etc.) are NOT PERMITTED.
  2. In Higgins: UL approved cooking appliances are permitted.  Full size refrigerators are provided in the kitchen of each apartment.

What is the guest policy?
Due to COVID, guests are not allowed in the residence halls for Fall 2020.  Students may visit family members and friends off campus.  Students living in one residence hall may not visit students in a different residence hall.  We will be working on programming opportunities to interact with students from all residence halls on campus utilizing other spaces where students can meet and engage with one another.

For move in, one family member may enter the building at a time to help students move in.  

Can I have a car on campus?
Resident freshmen and sophomores may not register a vehicle for use on campus. More information is available in the Campus Parking and Traffic Regulations.

Back to top