PEER TUTOR POSITIONS
We hire many peer tutors each year. Positions are competitive, and not all those who apply are contacted for an interview. Due to the number of unsolicited applications we receive, we are unable to personally email or call all applicants.
The requirements for consideration are as follows:
- Peer tutors are interviewed by SLC staff.
- Peer tutors must have one faculty recommendation from each department for which the tutor wants to provide tutoring. These recommendations should be requested only after an applicant is called for an interview. The faculty member may send an email to Amy Crouse-Powers, tutor program coordinator.
- Peer tutors must have received a minimum grade of B+ in the course for which they would like to serve as a tutor.
- Peer tutors must complete at least two hours of training before beginning tutoring.
- Peer tutors are required to take training workshops toward NTA certification after the initial two hours of training.
- Peer tutors must commit to being present and prompt for all tutoring appointments. (Our students count on their tutors.)
To apply to be a tutor, go to Tracktion and click "I want to be a peer tutor" to begin your application.
We also have work-study students staff our reception desk. If you are interested in working in a fun, fast-paced, student-oriented environment, request a placement in SLC on Dragon Link.
Check Dragonlink for information on internship opportunities through SLC.
Tutors and desk workers can earn volunteer hours through CSRC if they choose to volunteer their time.