THE LAST DAY TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT FOR 100- OR 200-LEVEL CLASSES IS MARCH 29 AT 4:30 P.M.
Appointment-based tutoring is available for several 100- and 200-level classes for which drop-in tutoring is not available. (When drop-in is available for a course, appointments are not offered for that course.) Visit Tracktion to request an appointment-based tutor.
Drop-in Tutoring is available for a variety of subjects and will continue through May 2. May 2 will be the LAST DAY of drop-in tutoring for the semester.
NEW STUDY SKILLS WORKSHOP
"But I knew it this morning! Why you forget what you think you know."
- Have you ever studied for hours for a test and found that you couldn’t remember anything?
- Have you ever taken a test and felt like the professor wasn’t asking questions about any of the material you studied?
- You may be experiencing The Illusion of Knowing!
- Come to this one-hour workshop to learn about this very common problem and how you can make changes to your study routine to study smarter.
- Tuesday 4/16 at 2:30 OR Wednesday 4/17 at 10:00 a.m. Sign up here.
- Lead credit offered
WRITING WORKSHOPS FOR SPRING 2019!
"How to Proofread for Clear and Correct Writing" and "Essay Test Strategies." Sign up here.
Time Management workshop is available. Sign up here.
Inclement Weather Policy
When the campus cancels classes due to inclement weather, SLC's drop-in tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, academic coaching, trainings, and workshops will also be canceled. The College announces such cancelations via the main College website.
SLC's Tutoring and Writing Centers exist to serve all students at SUNY Oneonta. If you have any questions about our services, we encourage you to contact us. Many of your questions can be answered by the information provided on this website.
- Peer tutoring
- Drop-in Tutoring for specific subjects
- Appointment-based, small-group tutoring for subjects not covered in drop-in
- Professional academic coaching for writing, study skills, reading & basic math
- Courses in reading, study skills, math
- Tutor training
Need a Peer Tutor for a specific course? You may sign up after the first day of classes. Need general help with study skills, reading or writing? Sign up for an Academic Coach. Tutoring Information
- Professional tutoring for writing by our Academic Coaches
- Courses in writing
- Accommodations for accessible environments
- Visit Accessibility Resources online or call (607) 436-2137
The mission of The Student Learning Center is to provide a supportive environment which empowers students to become engaged, confident, and self-aware learners who can communicate clearly and achieve their goals in college and in life.
Inclement Weather Policy
When the campus cancels classes due to inclement weather, SLC's drop-in tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, academic coaching, trainings, and workshops will also be canceled. The College announces such cancellations via the main College website.