The Student Learning Center provides a supportive environment that empowers students to become engaged, confident and self-aware learners who can communicate clearly and achieve their goals in college and in life. Our tutoring and writing center services are available to all enrolled SUNY Oneonta students.
- Drop-in peer tutoring online for specific subjects
- Appointment-based, small-group, peer tutoring online for subjects not covered in drop-in sessions (based on tutor availability)
- Professional academic coaching online for writing, study skills, reading and basic math
- Study Skills Workshops offered online (many offer Lead credit)
- Courses in reading, study skills and math
Need a peer tutor for a specific course? You can put in a request for a tutor in a 100- or 200-level course after the first day of classes until requests close (this date varies by semester based on availability).
Need general help with study skills, reading or writing? Request an academic coach.
- Professional tutoring in writing by our academic coaches
- Course in writing and reading
Inclement Weather Policy
When tutoring is happening in person and the campus cancels classes due to inclement weather, SLC's drop-in tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, academic coaching, trainings and workshops scheduled for that day will also be canceled.
If tutoring is happening online and there is inclement weather, if the tutor or coach and tutee can meet safely online, they are permitted to do so. Check with the tutor/coach for further information in case of inclement weather.
No tutoring will take place on holidays when classes are canceled, such as on Labor Day or during Thanksgiving or Spring breaks.