ANNOUNCEMENT: The last day to request a peer tutoring or academic coaching appointment this semester will be April 21, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. Writing Consultations will be available through finals.
The Student Learning Center provides a supportive environment that empowers students to become engaged, confident and self-aware learners who can communicate clearly and achieve their goals in college and in life. Our tutoring and writing center services are available to all enrolled SUNY Oneonta students.
- Appointment-based, small-group, peer tutoring online for some 100- and 200-level courses (based on tutor availability)
- Professional academic coaching online for writing, study skills, reading and basic math
- Study Skills Workshops offered online (many offer Lead credit)
- Courses in reading/writing and study skills
Need a peer tutor for a specific course? You can put in a request for a tutor in a 100- or 200-level course after the first day of classes until requests close (this date varies by semester based on availability).
Need general help with study skills, reading or writing? Request an academic coach.
- Professional tutoring in writing by our academic coaches
- Course in writing and reading
Inclement Weather Policy
When tutoring is happening in person and the campus cancels classes due to inclement weather, SLC's drop-in tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, academic coaching, trainings and workshops scheduled for that day will also be canceled.
If tutoring is happening online and there is inclement weather, if the tutor or coach and tutee can meet safely online, they are permitted to do so. Check with the tutor/coach for further information in case of inclement weather.
No tutoring will take place on holidays when classes are canceled, such as on Personal Wellness Days (Spring 2021), Labor Day or during Thanksgiving or Spring breaks.