This minor is open to all students except Art History (ARTH) majors. Interested students should contact the Art Department, 222 Fine Arts, 607.436.3717.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor
Core Courses 9 s.h.
- ARTH 109 Survey of the Visual Arts I
- ARTH 110 Survey of the Visual Arts II
- ARTH 200 Language of the Visual Arts (SoS)
Additional Selections 9 s.h.
Select three of the following:
- ARTH 209 History of Greek and Roman Art
- ARTH 212 History of European Medieval Art
- ARTH 213 History of Italian Renaissance Art
- ARTH 214 History of Northern Renaissance Art
- ARTH 215 Art of the 17th Century Europe
- ARTH 216 History of 19th Century European Painting
- ARTH 217 History of American Art – Painting
- ARTH 218 Art of 20th Century
- ARTH 219 Contemporary Art Since 1945
- ARTH 220 Images of Women in Western Art
- ARTH 221 History of Photography
- ARTH 294 Art History – Special Topics
Total 18 s.h.