This minor is open to all except Art History (ARTH) majors. Interested students should contact the Art Department, 222 Fine Arts, 607.436.3717.
Required Courses 9 s.h.
- ARTH 109 Survey of the Visual Arts I
- ARTH 110 Survey of the Visual Arts II
- ARTH 200 Language of the Visual Arts (SoS)
Selections 9 s.h.
Select three of the following:
- ARTH 209 History of Greek and Roman Art
- ARTH 212 History of European Medieval Art
- ARTH 213 History of Italian Renaissance Art
- ARTH 214 History of Northern Renaissance Art
- ARTH 215 Art of the 17th Century Europe
- ARTH 216 History of 19th Century European Painting
- ARTH 217 History of American Art – Painting
- ARTH 218 Art of 20th Century
- ARTH 219 Contemporary Art Since 1945
- ARTH 220 Images of Women in Western Art
- ARTH 221 History of Photography
- ARTH 294 Art History – Special Topics
Total 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor