Students who wish to take the Energy minor must complete the following prerequisite courses: PHYS 103/104, and MATH 173/174 or PHYS 203/204, CHEM 111/112, and GEOL 120 or GEOL 115 OR GEOL 150 or GEOL 182. If interested in the Energy minor please contact the Physics & Astronomy Department, 120 Physical Science, 607.436.3192.
Core Courses 6 s.h.
- GEOL 230 Energy Resources & the Environment
- PHYS 308 Alternative Energy
Selections 12-14 s.h.
*Select four (4) courses from the list below. Courses must be from departments other than your own major department. Two different departments must be represented. Check prerequisites for each course. Special Topics courses offered in the sciences may be substituted for one of the below requirements if the content is appropriate and with the permission of the Physics Department Chair.
- PHYS 320 Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer 4 s.h.
- PHYS 205/287 General Physics III/Intermediate Lab 4 s.h.
- PHYS 318 Intro to Solid State Physics 3 s.h.
- CHEM 214 Environmental Chemistry 3 s.h.
- CHEM 221 Organic Chemistry or
- CHEM 226 Elementary Organic Chemistry 4 s.h.
- CHEM 351 Physical Chemistry I 3 s.h.
- ESCI 290 Waste Management 3 s.h.
- GEOL 282 Hydrogeology 3 s.h.
- GEOL 380 Environmental Geophysics 3 s.h.
TOTAL 18-20 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor