With the exception of students registering as history majors, the curriculum minor in History is open to all undergraduates. It has been designed to further individual history interests of students majoring in any other academic areas. This program offers undergraduate students in the United States a basic minimal grasp of their western culture, national past, and exposure to the history of a culture which is non‐western. Students planning to undertake this minor should register their intention at with the History Department, 61 Bacon Hall, 607.436.3326.
Final certification of completion of requirements similarly must be made with the History Department in ample time to arrange for processing of data to have the minor recorded on a transcript prior to graduation. Effective FALL 2017.
Core Courses 18 s.h.
Select two from each category. All courses must be Upper Division.
- Course selections in U.S./Canadian History (AHIS)
- Course selections in European History (EHIS)
- Course selections in African/Asian/Caribbean/Latin America History (WHIS)
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor