The purpose of this minor is to provide students in a variety of majors with exposure to the central themes of sociological study. This minor is not available to students completing the traditional Sociology major or the Sociology Pre-Professional major (SOCH). Arrangements for completing the requirements for this minor should be made with the Sociology Department, 10 Schumacher, 607.436.3512.
*revised Sociology Department course codes effective Fall 2016. Previous course codes in parentheses.
1. University rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor