The Office of Continuing Education is open to the public at this time. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com or by calling 607-436-2548. We will respond to all emails and messages between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. It is always a good idea to call the office prior to coming to campus to ensure that someone will be in the office at the time you plan to visit. Thank you for your patience and understanding during the past year plus, as we all worked to get through a very difficult time. We look forward to working with you!
We welcome those who are seeking to expand their knowledge for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- high school seniors getting a head-start on college courses;
- students enrolled at other colleges who want to take courses at Oneonta to transfer back to their home institution;
- students who are taking courses with the goal of eventually enrolling at Oneonta or another college; and
- community members seeking personal enrichment, but not intending to pursue a college degree.
You can take classes on campus during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer and winter sessions, a variety of classes are available online.
All non-degree students must apply for admission through the Office of Continuing Education by filling out the non-degree application. In order to be eligible to take courses as a non-degree student, you must:
- be at least a rising high school senior who has completed or is in the process of completing Regent's requirements.
- Have graduated high school or passed the GED/TASC; or
- have a cumulative average of a 2.0 from the last college attended.
If you have been dismissed from SUNY Oneonta, you are not eligible to take courses as a non-degree student.