As of March 17, 2020 the Office of Continuing Education will be open via remote access only until further notice. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 607-436-2548. We will respond to all emails and messages between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time.
We welcome those who are seeking to expand their knowledge for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- high school seniors getting a head-start on college courses;
- students enrolled at other colleges who want to take courses at Oneonta to transfer back to their home institution;
- students who are taking courses with the goal of eventually enrolling at Oneonta or another college; and
- community members seeking personal enrichment, but not intending to pursue a college degree.
You can take classes on campus during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer and winter sessions, a variety of classes are available online.
All non-degree students must apply for admission through the Office of Continuing Education by filling out the non-degree application. In order to be eligible to take courses as a non-degree student, you must:
- be at least a rising high school senior who has completed or is in the process of completing Regent's requirements.
- Have graduated high school or passed the GED/TASC; or
- have a cumulative average of a 2.0 from the last college attended.
If you have been dismissed from SUNY Oneonta, you are not eligible to take courses as a non-degree student.