Transferring Credit

Many students earn college credit while in high school. These credits can come from Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or college courses. To see how this credit will transfer, please view our Course Equivalency Tool.

  • AP test scores of 3 or better are accepted.
  • Higher Level IB Exam scores of 4 or better are accepted. Standard Level IB Exam scores of 4 or better receive credit only when an IB Diploma is also earned.
  • CLEP test scores over the American Council of Education (ACE) recommendations are accepted.
  • Students must earn a grade of D or better in an accredited college course(s) to receive credit.

Official transcripts/scores from agency/institutions are required.

College Transcripts – a final official transcript from all colleges where you have completed classes for college credit must be sent directly from the colleges' Registrar's Office to the SUNY Oneonta Office of Admissions. In order to be considered a final official transcript it must: include all coursework completed prior to enrolling at SUNY Oneonta, post any degree(s) received and have no incomplete or in-progress grades.

Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores - have your test scores sent directly from the appropriate testing agency to the Office of Admissions.

Back to top