First Things First! Podcast
SUNY Oneonta and Hartwick College students and staff have teamed up to produce First Things First!, a five-episode podcast to support, educate and build a community around the first-generation experience. Episodes are hosted on Spotify and will be released each Wednesday, starting Nov. 8, in recognition of First Generation College Celebration Day.
Episode 1 features two SUNY Oneonta first-generation student alumni. Gianna Boveri ‘20, health promotion coordinator at Hartwick College, and Will Rivera ‘07, crisis intervention director for the Opportunities of Otsego Violence Intervention Program, talk with current first-generation students about how their identity impacted their mental health and how they coped. The cast talks about campus resources and what self-care looks like for them.
WHEN: Monday, October 30, 2023
TIME: 1:00 - 3:00PM
WHERE: Chase Physical Education Building
We were excited to host our annual Graduate and Professional School Fair in person! The cost to attend was $65 per recruiter and registration ran through October 13, 2023.
Graduate school recruiters registered through the Handshake platform using this link. Recruiters needed to have an employer account through Handshake, instructions for creating an account can be found here.
Registration was a two-step process. Information provided through Handshake was used to advertise your school's program to our students. Registering schools were asked to provide detailed information on the graduate/professional school programs available at your college/university. After the registration process was completed through Handshake, recruiters were emailed an invoice with instructions on how to submit credit card payment. Registration was NOT completed until payment had been received. The registration deadline was October 13, 2023.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This is a great event to attend if you are considering attending graduate school. Representatives from graduate and professional schools will be available to answer questions on their programs. A complete list of attending colleges and universities and descriptions of their programs is available on Handshake
- Adelphi University
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Albany Law School
- Albany Law School
- Bard College Master of Arts in Teaching Program
- Bellevue University
- Binghamton University - Office of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions
- Binghamton University - School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Binghamton University, Department of Social Work
- Boston College Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- Brooklyn College
- City University of New York
- Clarkson University
- Columbia School of Social Work
- Columbia University School of Professional Studies
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
- CUNY, John Jay College of Criminal Justice Graduate Admissions
- Dominican University New York
- Drexel University - Admissions
- D'Youville University
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University (Pace Law)
- Hofstra University, Graduate Programs
- Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Hunter College - City University of New York
- Iona University
- Le Moyne College: Graduate Admissions
- Lees-McRae College
- Long Island University, Graduate Programs
- Marist College - Admissions
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management Graduate Programs at Syracuse University
- MCPHS University, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Mercy University
- Mount Saint Mary College, Marketing and Communications
- New School, Graduate Programs
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- New York Institute of Technology, Graduate Programs
- New York Medical College
- New York University, School of Professional Studies
- Northeastern University, Graduate Programs
- Pace University - Graduate Admission
- Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Roberts Wesleyan University
- Russell Sage College, Graduate Programs
- Saba University School of Medicine
- School of Education | University at Albany
- School of Education Graduate Programs at Syracuse University
- Sherman College of Chiropractic
- St. Bonaventure University: Office of Admissions
- St. John Fisher University
- St. Joseph's University New York
- State University of New York at Delhi
- State University of New York at Fredonia
- Stony Brook University
- Suffolk University, Graduate Programs
- SUNY Cortland
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- SUNY Fashion Institute of Technology
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Oneonta Office of Graduate Admissions
- SUNY Plattsburgh, Graduate Admissions
- SUNY Upstate Medical University - Student Admissions
- Syracuse University - S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications Graduate Programs
- Syracuse University/David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics Graduate Programs
- Temple University - Podiatry
- The Roux Institute at Northeastern University
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- UB - University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
- University at Albany
- University of Rochester, Warner Graduate School of Education
- Utica University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programs
- Vermont Law and Graduate School
- Wagner College
- Yeshiva University
Job and Internship Fair
Spring Into Your Future: Career & Internship Fair
March 28,2024 - School of Liberal Arts & Business
April 4, 2024 - School of Education, Human Ecology & Sports Science
April 11, 2024 - School of Sciences
Time: 1:00 - 4:00PM
Where: Hunt Union
We are excited to host Spring into your Future, our 2024 Career & Internship Fair! Please see registration for fee structure.
Registration is a two-step process. Information provided through Handshake is used to advertise employers to our students. Registering employers are asked to provide information on the positions and roles available. After the registration process is completed through Handshake, employers are emailed an invoice with instructions on how to submit credit card payment. Registration is NOT completed until payment is received. The registration deadline is March 7, 2024.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
This is a great event to attend if you are considering your future career options as well as internships. Representatives many fields will be available to answer questions on their companies. A complete list of employers is available on Handshake
WHEN: Wednesday, April 17, 2024
WHAT: Teacher Recruitment Days (TRD) is a great opportunity to interview for teaching vacancies with school districts from across the nation!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: December 2023, May 2024, and August 2024 graduating Education and Counselor Education majors and recent education alumni.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER TO ATTEND: Register via Handshake. The event will be held virtually through the CareerEco platform.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Career Development Center - call (607) 436-2534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Career Development Center provides services to SUNY Oneonta students who are currently taking classes and alumni who have completed a degree.