The Office of Communication and Marketing—in collaboration with several other outward-facing units—developed standards to guide how SUNY Oneonta is presented to external audiences. Approved by Cabinet, the college style guide aims to ensure consistency across media by answering the most common questions about logos, typefaces, college colors and other things that contribute to institutional identity.
The College Style Guide does not anticipate every possible use of college assets. The president initiated the Institutional Communication Group (ICG) in 2013 to interpret and implement the standards identified for each, and to serve as arbiter when questions related to college style arise.
The ICG meets monthly. Its members are appointed by the president:
- Associate director of digital strategy
- Assistant athletic director/sports information director
- Chief communication and marketing officer (chair)
- Director of advancement services
- Director of alumni engagement
- Director of graduate studies
- Executive director of admissions
- Facilities program coordinator