The Office of Communication and Marketing—in collaboration with several other outward-facing units—developed standards to guide how SUNY Oneonta is presented to external audiences. Approved by Cabinet, the college style guide aims to ensure consistency across media by answering the most common questions about logos, typefaces, college colors and other things that contribute to institutional identity.
The College Style Guide does not anticipate every possible use of college assets. The Institutional Identity Group (IIG), reconstituted in 2022 as an advisory group to the Office of Communication and Marketing on requests, projects and initiatives that impact SUNY Oneonta’s brand identity, reviews the College Style Guide annually and makes recommendations for updates.
IIG members include:
• associate director of athletics or designee
• director of development or designee
• director of alumni engagement or designee
• director of internal communications or designee
• senior enrollment officer/executive director of admissions or designee
• associate director of marketing and digital media or designee
• special assistant to the provost: student engagement and retention or designee
• director of Oneonta Auxiliary Services or designee