All devices (computers, tablets, game systems, smartphones, smart TVs, etc.) must be registered to access the internet.
Before you Register
- Oneonta Computer Account and Password:
You will need your Oneonta username and password to register. Please visit the Account Management page if you need to reset your password or for any create your account.
- Antivirus: We highly recommend that you have an active/updated antivirus program installed to use the SUNY Oneonta network. Viruses can cause major damage to your investment and to the campus network. Keep your AV software up to date, enable on-access scanning and run full system scans periodically. You may use an Anti-Virus of your choice, or download one of the free solutions we recommend:
- Microsoft Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials is available for free.
- Windows 8 and Windows 10 users can activate Microsoft Windows Defender, which is included. For instructions on how to activate Windows Defender in Windows 8 or 10, please contact the IT Service Desk or click here.
- Mac OS users can download and install Avast Mac Security for free from Avast.