The mailroom now has Best Way rate comparisons for USPS, UPS and FedEx. All rates and service levels are shown with the date of delivery. This service will save departments time and money. It takes the guessing game out of which vendor to choose. We now have a universal form to be filled out for packages or any other item that needs to be shipped with tracking. With the information you provide, arrival date vs cost savings, the best carrier will be selected for your shipment.
- Pickup and delivery to Academic buildings
- Processing College mail requiring postage - this includes sealing envelopes as postage is applied
- Bulk and other than First class mail processing
- Intra campus mail
- Business Reply Mail
- Special Handling-certified, return receipt, registered, insured etc.
- Overnight Mailing Services
- Sealing envelopes that do not require postage
- Package Delivery, both incoming and outgoing
To insure prompt delivery of mail the following address format should be used. Please be sure the return address on envelopes and letterhead contain the correct address. It is important that zip plus four is used as indicated below. For student mail address information please click on the Student Mail and Package Services tab on the left.
Department Name/Building Name
P O Box 4015 ***
Oneonta, NY 13820-4015
*Name is optional
**SUNY Oneonta may be spelled out as State University College at Oneonta ***108 Ravine Parkway is the physical address for packages being sent by another carrier besides USPS.
- Mail Services picks up the mail from the Post Office at 9:20 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Mail from the Post Office is ready for pick up from the college mailroom in 118B Service Building at 10:30 a.m.
- Delivery of U.S. Mail and Intra Campus Mail to Academic Buildings begins between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Intracampus mail is ready for pick up from Mail Services in 118B Service Building at 12:30 p.m.
- All U.S. Mail must be in the college mailroom by 2:45 p.m. for processing.
- All U.S. Mail leaves the college at 3:05 p.m.
- UPS, FedEx and USPS Packages arrive at Central Receiving by 12:45 p.m. and are delivered to Academic Buildings from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
All mail received by Mail Services, including mail received through the U.S. Postal Service, overnight services and intracampus mail is distributed to the mailroom or designated area in each building by 12 p.m. All packages that have arrived by 12:30 p.m. are delivered by 2:15 p.m.
All outgoing mail is picked up from the mailroom in each building, or designated area in each building, once per day during the mail delivery run, and mailed before the close of business for that day. All outgoing campus mail must have an appropriate account number place in upper left-hand corner.
Please address all intracampus mail with the recipient's name, department, and building. All mail is sorted by department.
Per the College Intra Campus Mail Policy, Intracampus mail is to be used only by College employees and students for College purposes. Intracampus mail destined anywhere on the Oneonta campus does not require postage. All intracampus mail should be in the "brown" intracampus envelopes, available from the mailroom in two sizes at no charge.
Intracampus mailings that are not in the intracampus envelopes must have a return address.
Intracampus mailings from non-College affiliated entities will not be delivered by Mail Services without written authorization from the Vice President for Finance and Administration. Approved mailings must have a return address.
Large mailings to Residence Halls should be banded separately by Residence Hall.
Mass Intra Campus Distributions: contact Mail Services for specific instructions for "all faculty", "all faculty and staff" and "student" mailings.
All mail sent through the U.S. Postal Service requires postage be affixed and have a return address. Bundle such mail with the addresses all-facing in the same direction, separating envelopes by size. Be sure your account number is clearly visible on each piece of mail. Mail without an account number may be delayed or returned. If the envelopes need to be sealed please lay the envelopes flat with the flap open. Please separate intracampus mail from off-campus mail.
We do deliver to the Cooperstown Campus on a weekly basis. This mail should be treated as intracampus mail.
Contact Mail Services with questions regarding mailing options and specifications. Be sure your account number is clearly visible on each piece of mail. Mail without an account number may be delayed or returned. Please use a rubber band to bundle your outgoing mail with the flaps up if they need to be sealed.
We process nonprofit and presort first class bulk mailings! If you have a large mailing coming up, please contact us to see if you can save money on postage!
We would need the following from you:
- Discussion of what you are mailing to decide what class of mail works best, what your timeframe is and what account number you want billed.
- 10 samples pieces to obtain the weight, height, length and thickness.
- Excel file of the mailing addresses.
- If the Print Shop is printing the piece and addresses, please submit a job ticket. Share that ticket number with us and we will send the address information to the Print Shop.
We also stuff envelopes, tab mailers and put on address labels!
Mail going out of the country should be placed on top of the banded bundles or banded separately for large mailings. Make sure the address is written in English and the country is in the address. Customs Form are NOT needed for Documents only.
For International mail and packages that require tracking, please fill out a PACKAGE SHIPPING DOCUMENT and attach it to your package. Make sure you include a detailed description of what is in the package and the recipients international phone number. The mailroom uses UPS or USPS for international shipments. All shipments are processed online by the mailroom so the correct address is accepted and the necessary customs forms are created.
U.S. Postal Service regulations are very strict for Business Reply Mail and require an authorization prior to mailing. Contact us for instructions.
Certified, return receipt, registered, insured etc, mail requires special handling. Contact us for forms and instructions.
The New York State Contract for overnight services includes UPS and Federal Express.
ALL overnight packages should be processed through Mail Services. Please fill out the PACKAGE SHIPPING DOCUMENT and attach it to the package. Packages need to be to the mailroom by 2:15 p.m. in order to be processed and sent out the same day.
Print off the Printer Friendly version of The Mailing Cheat Sheet.