Research is a process of inquiry to find information to answer questions that span the simple search for facts to the investigative study of complex ideas.
Typically, the research process can involve:
- identifying a research need and defining its scope
- developing a claim, hypothesis, or question
- applying evaluative methods to a variety of information sources
- acknowledging the value of flexibility, persistence in the research process
- creating and communicating new understandings
- reflecting throughout the research process