You should take the following into consideration PRIOR to registering for your internship.
- Students should discuss internship requirements and prerequisites with their faculty advisors and the Music Department Internship Coordinator, Dr. Janet Nepkie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students who are receiving Financial Aid or grants should speak with their Financial Aid advisors about support and credits required.
- Students who are taking fewer than (six) 6 semester hours of credit should be sure of their health insurance status.
- Students should check to be sure they do not have a "hold" on your student records.
- In general, the completed internship registration forms should be received in the Music Office before the first class day of the semester in which the internship is to be served to avoid a SUNY late registration fee or a SUNY Oneonta add/drop late fee.
- After an internship has been started, students may not leave an internship or start a new internship without permission from the Oneonta Music Department Internship Coordinator.
During your internship interview or application process at the internship site, inform personnel at the site that you will be required to submit a minimum of six (6) internship duties to the Music Department Internship Coordinator for approval. Ask an internship site employee to provide you with a list of proposed duties.
Email the Music Department Internship Coordinator the internship company/organization name and location, and your list of six (6) specific duties BEFORE you submit your Internship Application forms to the Music Department.
ALL INTERNSHIP DUTIES must be approved by the Internship Coordinator PRIOR to internship registration. Hours worked at internship PRIOR to registration will not count toward internship requirement.
* REGISTRATION for the Music Department Internship MUST BE accomplished and completed through the Music Department Office prior to the commencement of the internship. Students MAY NOT REGISTER ONLINE for the internship.
Registration and Application Forms
You MUST download and save a blank copy of the registration/application forms before you complete them. Once saved and completed, you can print them off to get the forms signed and approved. Handwritten forms MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Complete and print the College Undergraduate Internship Application and ILA Form. The signature of the on-site supervisor is required on this form and for internship registration.)
- Complete and print the Music Department Internship Application
Submit ALL internship registration forms to the Music Department Office using one of the following methods:
- by fax to (607) 436-2718
- Scan/email to email@example.com.
- U.S. Mail to SUNY Oneonta, Music Department, 115 Fine Arts Bldg, Oneonta, NY 13820