Become an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (OLs) are an integral part of welcoming new students to SUNY Oneonta! The OLs are trained student leaders who help students navigate Orientation and Welcome Dragon Week. OLs will strive to create connections with a small group of students through the use of information/resource sharing and ice-breakers.
OLs will assist with all aspects of the college's Orientation program, from move-in to skits to evening activities. OLs will receive a stipend for their work in this leadership role. The contract dates for this position are: August 13, 2020, through September 6. OLs may not hold other positions from August 13- August 23 as the requirements during the orientation period preclude that. Welcome Dragon Week events will be assigned around student schedules.
Become a New Student Mentor
New Student Mentors (NSMs) are peer mentors who assist new first-year and transfer students throughout their transition to college. These student leaders are specifically trained to provide peer to peer support as well as develop and implement programs and events for new students. NSMs will assist with the New Student Success Series programs, the first-year and transfer-year initiatives, and specific campus programs. NSMs will receive a stipend each semester in this student leader role. The contract dates are August 9, 2020 through May 10, 2021.
Requirements and Other Information
- To apply for either position, you must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA at the end of the spring 2020 semester.
- You must not be on any sort of probation as of July 31, 2020.
- In order to be an NSM, students must apply for an OL position as well. Students do NOT need to apply to be an NSM in order to be an OL.
- RA and ATMs may not hold the OL role.
- Students may apply to be an RA, ATM, and an OL at the same time. If you are offered multiple positions, it will be up to you to determine the position for which you are best suited.
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive updates on the next selection process.