Study Abroad

To schedule an advising meeting with a Study Abroad Professional or Peer Advisor, click the button below:

Schedule Meeting

SUNY Oneonta offers 12 study abroad and exchange programs and many short-term faculty-led programs through the Office of Global Education (OGE). The short-term faculty-led programs offered throughout the year are courses taught by SUNY Oneonta faculty for credit and include cultural experiences and, often, service-learning opportunities. Oneonta students also have access to more than 1,000 study abroad, exchange and international internship programs through the SUNY Network!

For SUNY Students (Oneonta and other SUNY students) applying to an Oneonta Program:

  1. Click on the "Start Your Adventure Now" button below to create your OGE Global Portal account and go to "Programs" to choose and apply to an Oneonta Program.
  2. After acceptance, log into the OGE Global Portal & click "Commit" to complete the required forms (including required Course Approval Form).

REQUIRED for SUNY Oneonta students AFTER you are accepted to a different SUNY program (non-Oneonta programs):

  1. Click on the "Start Your Adventure Now" button below to create your OGE Global Portal account.
  2. Go to "Programs" and search for "Other SUNY Programs" (type in search bar). Select the "Other SUNY Programs" option, click "Apply", and choose the correct term to complete the required Oneonta forms (Course Approval Form & Program Info).

All SUNY Oneonta students studying abroad must submit a Course Approval Form to the Office of Global Education.

If interested in a non-SUNY program, students must contact the OGE for help determining whether course credit may be received for the program and to complete the correct forms.

Start Your Adventure NoW (Program SEARCH & Apply)

Please Note: Starting in Spring 2022, a limited number of SUNY study abroad programs will be reopening. Students should check with the Office of Global Education at the start of the Spring 2022 semester for updates about Oneonta's Summer and Fall 2022 study abroad and exchange programs. There will be programs through other SUNY schools, including SUNY Virtual Study Abroad and Internship Opportunities, that will be accepting applications for Summer and Fall 2022. Students should consult with the study abroad offices at the administering SUNY campuses for updates about those programs.

Only select "Other SUNY Programs" in the OGE Global Portal if you have been accepted to a non-Oneonta SUNY program.
SUNY Oneonta Program Information:
Back to top