Withdrawal Information

Students withdrawing from the college incur the liabilities listed below, according to the date of withdrawal.

When a student drops a class(es) which results in less than full time status or is attending part time and drops a class(es) the individual courses are subject to the tuition liability below, based on the date of withdrawal.

*The SUNY College Fee is non-refundable if you withdraw on the first day of class or after.*

Date Range Percentage Refunded
08/23/21 - 08/29/21                                                  100%
08/30/21 - 09/05/21                                                    70%
09/06/21 - 09/12/21                                                    50%
09/13/21 - 09/19/21                                                    30%
09/20 - to end of semester                                                      0%

IMPORTANT: Liability for tuition and fees is calculated at the time the student completes the official withdrawal process. Simply not attending classes does not reduce or cancel liability.

Date Range Percentage Refunded
08/18/21 - 08/22/21                                        Daily Rate and Forfeit Deposit
08/23/21 - 09/19/21                                                                                            75% refunded (Forfeit 25%)
09/20/21 - 10/17/21                                        50% refunded (Forfeit 50%)
10/18/21 - to end of semester                                        No Refund

Dining Plan Liability is prorated by Oneonta Auxiliary Services. Call 607-436-3367 for information.

Notice to students Receiving Federal Student Loans and Grants

Federal Regulations stipulate that eligibility for aid payments is earned based on class attendance. If you withdraw prior to the end of the term, the unearned portion of your aid must be returned. Example: if you withdraw on the 10th day of a 100 day semester, you will be eligible to keep only 10% of your aid, and must return the other 90%. Your aid eligibility is NOT based on the amount of your liability for tuition, fees, room and dining charges.

Back to top