Approved by the president
Sept. 8, 2022
Senior Communication and Marketing Officer
(607) 436 - 3317
Marketing and Communication Policies
SUNY Oneonta created graphical images, selected certain typefaces, identified a specific color, and instituted other conventions for use in the university’s presentations of itself. These elements, along with instructions for their use, constitute aesthetic standards that such communication must meet.
SUNY Oneonta benefits from being recognized as a particular institution among similar and seemingly similar others. As such, the university has established a specific aesthetic to reinforce its identity through conspicuous, consistent repetition within its marketplace.
Applicability of the Policy
This policy applies to members of the SUNY Oneonta community who in their roles are directly or indirectly responsible for creating and disseminating content for or about SUNY Oneonta.
The Office of Communication and Marketing interprets and implements the style guide, which is reviewed annually by the Institutional Identity Group (IIG). The IIG meets regularly and advises the Office of Communication and Marketing on requests, projects and initiatives that impact SUNY Oneonta’s brand identity.
IIG members include:
- associate director of athletics or designee
- director of development or designee
- director of alumni engagement or designee
- director of internal communications or designee
- senior enrollment officer/executive director of admissions or designee
- associate director of marketing and digital media or designee
- special assistant to the provost: student engagement and retention or designee
- director of Oneonta Auxiliary Services or designee
To request clarification about, an exemption from, or a change to any University Style Guide standard, contact Lisa Miller, senior communication and marketing officer.