A student who completes the required foundation courses listed below during his/her undergraduate years at Oneonta will be able to earn a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree from Clarkson University with just one year of study at Clarkson’s Graduate School of Management, a school accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Clarkson offers programs leading to an M.B.A. in finance, management information systems, marketing, operations management, and accounting, as well as an M.S. in management systems.
Cooperative 4-1 programs are open to students in the business economics major. In these programs, a student earns an undergraduate degree from SUNY Oneonta and either an M.S. in accounting or an M.B.A. The first four years are taken at Oneonta with remaining years taken at one of these cooperating universities: Rochester Institute of Technology or Clarkson University. Acceptance into the cooperating university is not automatic. Principal eligibility factors are undergraduate cumulative grade point average and score on the Graduate Management Admission Test.
Cooperative 1 Year Visiting Student Program are offered in conjunction with The Fashion Institution of Technology (FIT) in New York City. Students receive a combination of liberal arts and business coursework from Oneonta, along with in-depth training at FIT in a specialized field. Students receive both a B.S. from SUNY Oneonta and an A.A.S. from FIT at the conclusion of the fourth year.
The particular cooperative programs are:
- 4-1 MBA or Management Science Program with Clarkson University
- 4-1 MBA Program with Rochester Institute of Technology
- 1 year Visiting Student Program with FIT Fashion Merchandising Management
- 1 year Visiting Student Program with FIT Advertising & Marketing Communications
- 1 year Visiting Student Program with FIT Manufacturing Management
- 1 year Visiting Student Program with FIT Textile Development and Marketing