No form or signature is necessary to begin, and no advisor has to be assigned; however, we would like to know of your intention once you decide to declare a minor. For further information and advisement for the minor, come to the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Department Office, 209 Science 1, 607.436.3707.
Core Courses 12 s.h.
- GEOL 115 Science of Natural Disasters -or- GEOL 120 Introduction to Geology -or-
GEOL 150 Introduction to Forensic Geology -or- GEOL 182 Water and the Blue Planet
- METR 110 Introduction to Meteorology
- OCEA 110 Introduction to Oceanography
- ASTR 110 Introductory Astronomy -or- ASTR 108 Descriptive Astronomy
Selections 6-8 s.h.
- Select two (2) additional 200- or 300- level courses from GEOL, METR, ESCI, or ASTR.
- At least one selection must be at the 300 level.
TOTAL 18-20 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor