No form or signature is necessary to begin, and no advisor has to be assigned; however, we would like to know of your intention once you decide to declare a minor. For further information and advisement for the minor, come to the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Department Office, 209 Science 1, 607.436.3707.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor
Core Courses 12 s.h.
- GEOL 115 Science of Natural Disasters -or- GEOL 120 Introduction to Geology -or-
GEOL 150 Introduction to Forensic Geology -or- GEOL 182 Water and the Blue Planet
- METR 110 Introduction to Meteorology
- OCEA 110 Introduction to Oceanography
- ASTR 110 Introductory Astronomy -or- ASTR 108 Descriptive Astronomy
Selections 6-8 s.h.
- Select two (2) additional 200- or 300- level courses from GEOL, METR, ESCI, or ASTR.
- At least one selection must be at the 300 level.
TOTAL 18-20 s.h.