The Economics minor is open to all undergraduates except Economics majors. It consists of a minimum number of required courses with a rather flexible selection thereafter of second-level courses. In this program, emphasis is placed on economic theory. Business Economics majors in the International Business concentration are ineligible for this minor. Students planning to complete the requirements for this minor must make arrangements with the Economic, Finance and Accounting department, 225 Netzer, 607-436-3251.
Core Courses 12 s.h.
- ECON 111 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 112 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 211 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 212 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- Select two from Economics upper division courses 6 s.h.
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor