The minor in Political Science is open to all undergraduates with at least a 2.00 GPA, except Political Science majors. To fulfill the requirements for the minor, the student must complete the introductory level course offered by the Political Science Department and five upper-division courses, for a total of 18 semester hours. There is no prescribed sequence in which these courses should be taken. Students planning to complete this minor are responsible for making the necessary arrangements with the Chairperson of the Political Science Department, 10 Schumacher, 607.436.3522.
Core Courses 6 s.h.
- POLS 121 U.S. Government
- POLS 171 Comparative and International Politics
Selections 6 s.h.
Select two courses from two different subfields:
- Political Theory
- American Government and Politics Comparative Government
- International Relations
Two Upper division courses from subjects above 6 s.h.
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor