The SUNY Oneonta Career Development Center is here to assist you with career exploration, skill development, resume writing, networking, interview skills and more! Whether you are just starting out at SUNY Oneonta, or are looking for assistance before graduation, the Career Development Center is here to support you.
Let’s Get Started
Align your educational goals with your skills and career plans using the following resources:
- Meet with Academic Advisement to create, edit, assess and implement educational goals.
- Focus 2 - This assessment allows students the opportunity to explore various career options and get some ideas on careers that relate to their skills and interests. For the password and log in information, please email email@example.com.
- What can I do with a major in?
- Class year navigation maps
Hands-on learning is a crucial part of the SUNY Oneonta experience. Experiential learning includes:
- Domestic and international internships
- Job shadowing
- Service-learning volunteer opportunities
- Research and creative collaborations with faculty
- Study abroad
- Leadership programs
These powerful experiences will not only help you discover what you really want to do, they'll give you the tools to succeed—whether that means launching a fulfilling career or continuing your education.
Ensure you’re prepared for the job search process by creating the right materials, practicing interview skills, researching graduate schools, and utilizing job outlook and search tools.
- Resumes You can submit your professional documents for a critique from one of our professionals in the Career Development Center. Please note that reviews take between 3-5 business days.
- O-Net O*NET database is the nation's primary source of occupational information. The O*NET database helps students make informed decisions about education, training and career choices.
- Prepare for Graduate School
Career Planning by Class
Explore career options and learn about where your major can take you. You’ll begin to define your skills, values and identity to determine a focus that’s right for you. Start exploring careers and opportunities available at SUNY Oneonta to put you on a path to success.
Expand your career plans and find out what skills you need to build. Now that you’ve defined your skills, you can begin to outline your career goals. Find out what you can do with your major and how to get involved on campus with different clubs, organizations, and experiential learning experiences.
Develop the skills and materials you need to be successful in your career. Get started creating or updating your resume, applying to internships and building your network.
Complete your graduate school applications or start your job search. Get ready for your next steps after graduation with mock interviews, networking advice, and personal statement critiques. Prepare for a smooth transition between your time at SUNY Oneonta and a fulfilling career.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Career Development Center provides services to SUNY Oneonta students who are currently taking classes and alumni who have completed a degree.