There are two ways to make an appointment to be seen at the Student Health Center:
1) Call and schedule an appointment
- Call 607-436-3573 and speak to the receptionist in the main lobby in the Counseling, Health, and Wellness Center.
- You will be asked for basic information.
- Phone number.
- Your student Identification number (A0...).
- You will be given a timely appointment. Remember to bring our student ID and medical insurance card.
2) On-Line Appointment
- After registering, go to the task bar in the Student Health Center Patient Portal . Once in the Portal, go to task bar and click on "Appt" on the upper left of the screen.
- Click on one of the choices on the symptoms list and hit submit. If you are not able to find an appropriate choice from the list, please call us at 607-436-3573. Note that gynecological and mental health appointments cannot be self-scheduled at this time.
- Next, chose an appointment reason and health care provider. If you have no preference for a provider, click ALL.
- You will now be brought to a calendar page. Click on the date you want an appointment. You may need to scroll down to find the submit button. Then click on the time selections located on the left side of the screen. If you cannot find an appointment, try a different date or call the health center.
- "Appointment Saved, View your current appointments". will appear in small print on the bottom left of the screen. Click on the word appointment and you will be brought to the home screen with all your upcoming appointments. If there is any paperwork needed to be completed for your appointment, the word forms will appear below the provider's name. Click on forms, complete questionnaire and submit.
At your appointment:
- When you arrive at the Health Center you will need to check-in with the secretary. At this time you will be asked to show a picture ID.
- If you are more than ten minutes late you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- The secretary will give you one simple form to complete, after which you can have a seat in the lobby and wait for the nurse to call you.
- The nurse will escort you to an exam room and get some basic information.
- You will then meet with the provider.
Your contact with the Health Center will be confidential. This means that no information is shared with parents, faculty, or friends without your permission. However, there are several legally mandated exceptions to confidentiality, including situations in which the student may be a danger to themselves or others and situations in which neglect or abuse of a child is suspected.
All student information held at the Health and Wellness Center is strictly confidential, and will not be released without written or phone consent by the student. This includes inquiries from parents, private health care providers, professors, and other students. Students under 18 year of age must have parental permission to be seen and treated at the Health and Wellness Center, with the exception of emergency situations, emancipated minors, or reproductive health issues.