In support of the missions of the College and Division of Student Development, the Office of Community Standards fosters student learning, personal integrity, and ethical development while promoting a safe and healthy campus environment by enforcing the College’s community expectations through an educationally-focused adjudication process. The Office of Community Standards assists in the development of positive decision-making skills that impact students’ lives and prepares them to enter a global society while promoting healthy and safe lifestyles.
The Office of Community Standards is also guided by the following Vision:
- Provide a fair, consistent, educationally-focused process for students who allegedly violate the Code of Student Conduct.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff to support students experiencing crisis situations.
- Serve as the “go to” office for Residential Life, Athletics, and other offices seeking information and training about the areas of community development and ethics.
- Utilize Restorative Justice practices for community building and as an alternative to traditional conduct hearings, as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource for students living off-campus throughout the process – from searching for an apartment to interacting positively with their neighbors and contributing positively to the greater Oneonta community.
- Provide leadership and educational opportunities for students who participate with our office as members of the standing discipline board, appeal panel, and restorative justice process.