Graduates of this program have met the educational requirements to be recommended for professional teaching certification. They will also be eligible for initial certification as Educational Technology Specialists. This program builds upon initial skills and knowledge and further develops educational professional leaders who are committed to excellence, empowerment, diversity, and the best research based teaching practices. Students will gain a greater understanding of the teaching learning process to develop skills in employing the most up-to-date technologies to enhance student performance.
All students applying for admission are required to:
- Submit a completed application and the non-refundable fee (fee waived for SUNY Oneonta alumni.)
- Submit a copy of your New York State initial teaching certification.*
- Provide evidence of completion of a bachelor’s degree in a functionally related area.
- Have achieved an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 overall and 3.0 in the major field during the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Submit GRE scores. The department will also accept the following exams in lieu of GRE: edTPA, GMAT, Miller’s Analogies or Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators.
- Application deadline: Rolling
- Fall, spring and summer admission.**
* Teaching certificates from other states are considered and may be forthcoming.
** Please note: if you wish to enroll as a full time student you must apply for summer admission