Graduates of SUNY Oneonta's Educational Technology Specialist program have met the educational requirements to be recommended for professional teaching certification. They will also be eligible for initial certification as Educational Technology Specialists. Our online program builds upon initial skills and knowledge and further develops educational professional leaders who are committed to excellence, empowerment, diversity, and the best research based teaching practices. Students will gain a greater understanding of the teaching-learning process to develop skills in employing the most up-to-date technologies to enhance student performance.
Students interested in Graduate Assistantships within the Educational Technology Specialist Program should contact:
Chair & Professor, Secondary Ed and Ed Technology
Applicants interested in any of our graduate education programs please note:
We recognize the COVID-19 pandemic has caused many challenges, disrupted testing and traditional student teaching. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-436-2523 if you are unable to submit any of the materials required to complete your application so that we may review and advise on possible alternatives.
- Submit a completed application and the non-refundable fee.
- Submit a copy of your New York State initial teaching certification.* If initial certification was obtained prior to January 2014, proof of completion of DASA training must be submitted with application.
- Submit an official transcript of an earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college.
- Have achieved an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall during the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Submit Test Scores: You are required to submit the results of ONE of the following tests: GRE, edTPA, Miller’s Analogies or Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Have a personal interview at the discretion of the department
*Teaching certificates from other states are considered.