What is a Peer Study Consultant?
Our Peer Study Consultants are specially trained to help students IN PERSON in our center. Their role is to help orient students, let them know what services might be beneficial for them, and to provide some services to those who want to tackle college a bit more effectively.
If you aren't sure what you need but you know you should talk to someone about your academics, make an appointment to speak to one of these friendly students who will get you going in the right direction.
How can an appointment with a Peer Study Consultant help me?
- A PSC can help you make a time management plan
- A PSC can help you make a study plan for a class you're having trouble studying for, including strategies for studying in the relevant discipline
- A PSC can help you put your request for services into Tracktion if you're having trouble.
- A PSC can talk to you about the services offered through the Student Learning Center AND other offices on campus
- A PSC can help you make a study plan, including strategies for studying in the relevant discipline
- A PSC can help you determine a schedule for working together
- A PSC can help you make an agreement so everyone participates equitably
How Do I Sign Up?
From a desktop or laptop computer (we don't have a mobile site), you can sign up for a one-time 30-minute appointment on our scheduling system, Tracktion. Choose "Study Skills Peer Consultations" under the "Student Services" Menu. If you're having trouble with Tracktion, feel free to call the front desk at 607-436-3010, and ask to be signed up for a Peer Study Consultation.
Make an Appointment (Use Oneonta login)